Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A little something Sweet...

Candy! Is there anything better than a sweet little piece of candy? The delectable little morsel that melts away on your tongue giving you an oh so sweet sensation... Well what about an entire candy buffet???? Yes Please!!! Wish granted!!! At our little shindig we will be providing our guests with a fabulous candy experience.

Candy buffets have been slowly catching on at weddings or so that is what I am seeing. Often brides use it in place of a wedding cake, now if you know me, you know that would NOT happen at my wedding. Instead my goal is to give my guests an Amazing experience!!! I want them to drink out of swirly straws and kick off their shoes and dance the night away in flip flops, snuggle with each other under the stars and most importantly... I want them to over indulge on delectable sweets :D I am having a 3 tier white wedding cake, caramel cupcake wedding favors and most importantly a white candy buffet!

I have seen candy buffets done in so many ways, they can be playful and silly or elegant and sophisticated. Many brides match their candy colors to their wedding colors, however as you may or may not know my wedding colors are black and white. This doesn't leave much room for color on the candy buffet and for some reason to me black candy sounds a little repulsive. Therefore we will be featuring an all white candy buffet!

This was my inspiration for my candy buffet, but I warn you mine does not look this amazing.


These were some other inspirations


Creating a candy buffet became more of a challenge to create than originally planned... The containers were costly and I had to think about what candy was going in which containers before I purchased them... Also since I will not be setting up the buffet on wedding day, I had to some how convey my vision to my wonderful aunties and wish them luck ;) I am doing my best to make it easier on them though, I made a chart with numbers explaining which candy goes in which jar and I drew an elevation and a plan view of the jars. Hahaha I knew all this design schooling would come in handy some where ;) I would show you this drawing but it isn't very exciting, however to further assist my aunties I set up the entire candy buffet at my momma's house and took pictures. Hahaha I know this probably sounds a little extreme, but I wanted to make sure I had purchased enough candy to fill the jars. Nothing looks worse on a candy buffet than anemic candy jars...
Here are my pictures, I think it turned out great! I cant wait to see it all set up on the big day :D



2 comments:

  1. Sars, this is adorable! Such a great idea. I know where I'll be pigging out! Can't wait to see you. <3 Sars2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sars!!! I cant wait to see it all come together and I cant even begin to tell you how happy I am that you will be there <3

    ReplyDelete