Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Guest Book

When we started planning this wedding one of the last things I thought about was the guest book. It seems like such a weird thing to me... I just don't really understand the point of a guest book. Do you ever look at it again after the wedding? All guest books I have ever seen are just made up of signatures and some times well wishes to the bride and groom. I'm sure its nice to read those kind words after the wedding, but years later it feels like it would be something that you get rid of. When I started looking for some alternatives to the traditional guest book I found some interesting and creative options. Such as the "leaf your name" pictures where you stamp your finger print onto a tree and sign your name next to it... After all of the guests have stamped their finger prints it looks like a tree full of leaves, hence the name.

While its a very cute/unique idea, I am just so particular about the decor in my house and I don't think this would really be my taste... So I decided to go in another direction.

I also thought about the fun idea of having anniversary wine bottles for people to sign, that way we get to read the well wishes of our guests, but we can throw the bottle away... after Chart and I drink it of course :) 
See how neat they look, but they do seem hard for guests to sign.

Now my wonderful cousin Meg informed me that apparently wedding photographers now a days are not including your image files in their pricing when you hire them. So to make sure I didn't have to purchase my pictures on top of paying our photographer I brought this up to her. She reassured me that I would get my image files of both the wedding and the engagement shoot, but not until after the wedding. Since Chart and I really Love the engagement pictures Allyson Magda (our AMAZING photographer) took we wanted to find a way for our guests to see those pictures. Allyson suggested that she do a guest book for us with our engagement pictures, that way our guests see the pictures and our "guest book" turns into a keepsake/photo album. Allyson explained to us that she was going to make sure that the pages were matte finish, very thick and lie flat when open so that it is easy to sign. We decided this would be the perfect solution for us, we ordered the book and it arrived yesterday!!! It is so Beautiful!!! I can't believe how good Allyson is, she continues to astonish and amaze me!!! :)
Here is how our book arrived.

The outer cover of the book is a Beautiful black leather.

Here is the first wonderful page... :)





Chart and I are both in love with our book, we can't wait for everyone to see it and send us their well wishes!!! It seems as though its shaping up to be a very magical day... Im so Excited!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment