Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Where in the world have we been?!?!

Hello everyone, long time no see!!! Haha ok, that may be more our fault than yours. Things have been a little crazy with us to say the least. Here is a quick summary of what we have been doing since I last posted... Got pregnant, Chris got his own store.... in NEVADA! Bought a house, had a baby, went back to work part time. Now we are just trying to figure out how to live and love life as new parents with our sweet baby boy
Corbin James Hart.
Where to start.... Ok well we found out I was pregnant around June of last year (Has it really been that long since I posted on here :) and we were beyond thrilled!!!! We announced our pregnancy to friends and family in a fun little picture, here it is.
Isn't it cute? Ok, yes... we did get the idea from Pinterest, but we added our own twist on it! The best part was telling my parents that they were finally going to be grandparents!!! We got my dad a t-shirt for father's day that said "The best dads get promoted to grandpas." This couldn't be more true and we were so thrilled to share our news with them. I got a great video of my mom's reaction, which was priceless! Here it is:
 
 

From there we anxiously awaited our 20 week appointment to find out if we were being blessed with a sweet little boy or girl. I had a weird feeling we were having a baby boy and I was right! We again announced this news with another fun picture that I got inspiration for it from Pinterest.... here it is

So we were all set to welcome our little boy in February 2014.... We were still in our little tiny apt and by tiny I mean itty bity!!! Wondering where in the world we were going to fit our new addition. My mom joked with me constantly about clearing out a drawer for him.... not funny.

Well we just continued a long, hoping and praying that things would work out for us somehow. Ok it was more me hoping and praying, Chris seems to always have this amazing confidence that things will work out. On Christmas Eve (while I was 8 months pregnant mind you) Chris called me to let me know that he would be taking on his very own store which was something we had been hoping for for a very long time. Only thing is that it was in Fernley, NV. I know what you are thinking.... where in the world is Fernley, NV!  As you can see it is in the middle of No Where!!!!


I was thinking that very thing and also thinking how am I going to be able to have a baby and move to a new state all at once.... I have lived in California my whole life.. I was so very nervous. However, this life changing event has turned out to be the best thing that has ever happened to us! Chris and I sat down and decided that he would move to NV, live in my parents fifth wheel, manage his store and find us a house to buy. (Oh ya, amidst moving to a new state, a job promotion and having a baby we also decided that we should take on the task of buying our first house.) My only task was to have the baby :) So Chris house hunted and sent me lots of pictures of our options. Finally we found a house and bought it. It has been the best thing ever! Now we have space for our baby boy and our drawers can be reserved for our clothes ;) Plus have 2 extra bedrooms for our family and friends to come and see us!!!

We also decided to remodel the house after purchasing it. The day Chris got the keys he and his friend took down a whole wall in the house and ripped up the kitchen.... Haha! So while this remodel is happening I was living at my parent's house waiting for the arrival of our baby boy. Since Chris was 5 1/2 hrs away we decided to be induced so that Chris wouldn't miss the arrival of our little one. The labor was short, but hard... very very hard! (I'll post about it later) however it was the most amazing experience of my life because we received the most Perfect little guy ever!!! We are beyond in love with him and he never ceases to surprise us each and every day. Here he is, meet our sweet baby Corbin!
 
Anyways, I know this was a long blog post.... I had to fit a whole year into one post! Haha ok, I know that is my fault for being such a slacker on the posting. Now that our little boy is here and we are living in another state I really will try to post more to keep our family and friends up to date on all of the happenings in our life. Even though its old news I will do my next post about my pregnancy and delivery for those of you who are interested. Then I'll share our house adventures since all of that was too much to fit into one post.
Thanks for checking back in with us! So excited to share all of our new adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment