Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Little Bit of Life.....

Now that the dust has settle from the chaos of our wedding Chart and I have begun to focus on where we go from here. We have been diligently working on our resumes and portfolios... Ok I a have been working on my portfolio because I just so happened to have picked a very "special" major that requires a portfolio for interviews. Anyways, to say we have been working hard is an understatement! Chart is on the internet daily scouring over company websites and applying to anything that even remotely sounds like a step up from his current job. I too have been looking on company websites, however, another unfortunate thing with interior design is positions usually get filled by word of mouth, not by amazing resumes, portfolios or even interviews. Luckily, since I have been working in this industry for a couple of years now I have been given some opportunities to prove my self as a serious and devoted designer. Even though I am disgusted and some what annoyed that openings at desirable firms are awarded to people that are known by others in the industry rather than qualifications or abilities... It has finally paid off for me. A firm in San Jose heard about me and my skill set and started asking around if anyone knew how to get in touch with me. A friend of mine already works there and contacted me, I immediately sent over my resume and had an interview lined up for the next week! And you are now looking at the new DIRTT Designer for One Workplace in Milpitas!!!! I cant even begin to describe how excited I am to have been given this opportunity, my first day is June 25th!!! I am trying to convince my self that my pure excitement out weighs my nerves however those darn nerves keep getting the best of me. I have been told that this company is working on some very high end projects and that we are going to be Very busy. I know I am up for the challenge, but starting something new always freaks me out a little bit... Chart is super happy for me and my newly acquired position has inspired him to look even harder for a new job.
Since we are just starting out and we havent started a family or anything, our careers are very important to us. We are working really hard to be successful, which is a huge challenge not only in this economy, but also in this financially thriving area that we live in. We are working really hard though and the hope is that we will be able to buy our very own house in the next year or so.
I'll keep you posted ;)
In the mean time my momma came up this last weekend to celebrate my new job with me!!! We went to get pedicures and a celebratory dinner, it was sooo much fun!!! She even spent some quality time bike riding with Chart while I was at work on Monday.
Here are some pictures of our wonderful weekend, they make my heart so happy!!!



Chart and I were also lucky enough to go back to Exeter weekend before last for some wedding fun, my dad's best friend's son got married!!! I’ll be sharing those pictures shortly... They are pretty awesome!!! The day after the wedding we went to my little cousin Lynn's graduation party and my sweet uncle Ray took this pick of Chart and I and just sent it to me. I had to share :)




No comments:

Post a Comment